Saturday, November 08, 2003

More about the ESL go speaking activities page. I've been told on these great web design forums that the page rank indicator on the Google task bar is based only on links to/from a page. I'm still a bit confused because I don't think there had been any external links to that page, and none of the internal links have changed.

I've noticed that most of my main pages, ESL resources for example, have a page rank of 5 (again due to internal linking rather than links from external sites). The pages they link to (except for the newly created) have a rank of 4.

By the way, I just checked the page rank for the ESL go speaking activities page. again; it was four. So I checked the search for speaking activities. Down to #16. I checked the page rank again. "Current page is not ranked by Google."

Is this the famed Google Dance at work? Maybe, I checked again and it's back to 4...